Karger filing FEC complaint against Fox News
Gay Republican Presidential candidate Fred Karger is filing a complaint with the Federal Election Commission against Fox News. Karger claims the ‘Fair and Balanced’ network illegally excluded him from the debate it sponsored last week.
In the complaint sent to the FED Thursday, Karger says Fox News unfairly changed the rules to keep him out of the debate. Fox News rules said candidates had to average at least one percent in five national polls leading up to the debate, but made no mention that online polls were exluded until OutQ News asked whether Karger would be allowed in.
Standing outside Fox News headquarters across the street from SiriusXM’s offices Thursday morning, Karger said he assumes his sexuality was at least part of the reason Fox News kept him out.
Karger: “I don’t know why they excluded me. I don’t know if it’s because I’m gay. Or maybe some of the other candidates said, ‘If he’s in, we’re out.’ I’ve been aggressive, I’ve taken the gloves off. When Mitt Romeny or Michele Bachmann or Rick Santorum speaks terribly against the LGBTQ community, or signs this hateful, awful pledge, I’m going after them. No more Mr. Nice Gay.”
Karger says he asked the FEC to expedite its handling of his complaint, since there’s another Fox News debate in Florida on September 22nd. But he says he’s not sure what will happen, since he’s already filed one FEC complaint against the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition for excluding from their debate last March—and he’s heard nothing from Washington on that one.